SSC CHSL (Combined Higher Secondary) 10+2 level is a national exam conducted for the recruitment of the lower division clerk posts, data entry operator, postal assistants and others in various central government departments. Aspirants keen to take up any of the posts, need to undergo the entrance exam.
To appear for this exam, the candidate should update with the SSC CHSL syllabus and the exam pattern. The information will help in preparing for the exam and get into the cut-off list.
Career scope for Lower Division Clerk (LDC)
Lower Division Clerk is the first level of clerks in the government organization. The job of the clerk is to conduct daily office jobs & tasks, including maintaining files & documents of the office.
Some of the job roles of the LDC are-
- Dealing with the Entire Clerical Work
- Registration of Mails
- Entering data in the computer daily
- Indexing, Registering and efficiently maintaining File Registers.
- Receiving Documents and Maintaining the Record of the same.
- Handling Important Files & Documents for their seniors.
- Making salary slips of the staff
- Fetching up the critical data from the library
- Supervision of correction of reference books
Salary Structure of LDC
The salary structure of LDC depends on the experience and necessary offered. The gross salary is between Rs 22,000 to 26,000/- with the grade pay of 1900. The in-hand salary of the candidate is Rs 18,777- 22,411/-.
The career path of SSC CHSL Data Entry Operator-
The data entry operator has a vital job of entering documents on the computer, maintaining and updating regularly. In government organizations, there is a huge chunk of data and they need proper maintenance in both hardcopy and softcopy. A well-trained data operator will be able to manage the stress of uploading and maintaining data. The career path of the data operator is not that high. The promotion is based on grade.
- Grade B
- Grade C
- Grade F (System Analyst)
Job Role and Responsibilities
The responsibility of the SSC CHSL data operator is to-
- Handle computer data and should carry a good typing speed
- Preparing of notes and Reports
- Entering and managing the data
- Collecting necessary information and tables to prepare in a proper database for the company.
- Applying data program techniques and procedures
Career scope in SSC CHSL Court Clerk exam–
A court clerk in SSC CHSL is the latest entrant. The candidate recruited in this position will perform administrative duties in the criminal and civil justice system. The court clerk is either appointed for each court or selected by the state level or country level exam.
Job Role involves
- Maintaining court record
- Administrating Oats during court hearings
- Documenting receipt of legal documents
- Sealing up the copies of court orders and judgements
- Preparing meeting agendas
Working as a court clerk is of a high reputation. If you are keen on taking up a government job, then the court clerk is one such position.
The gross salary of a court clerk is Rs 22,392-26,026, and the grade pay is Rs 2400/-. The in-hand salary is Rs 18,777- 22,411/-
The selection process in SSC CHSL:
The selection process is done in three phases-
- Computer-based examination (Tier-I)
- Descriptive Paper (Tier-II)
- Typing test/ skill test (Tier-III)
SSC CHSL Postal Assistant
Postal Assistant works as a clerical cadre and the job are usually offered in the Postal Department of the Indian Government. One of the best things about working as a postal assistant is you can work from the hometown.
- Disposal of Mails and maintaining official data
- Handling customer support
- Monitoring all the tasks related to your work
- Intra-city transmission of mail
- Salary structure
The gross salary offered is Rs29,340-25,220 with the Grade Pay of Rs 2400/- and in-hand salary is Rs 25,165-31,045/-
This is the detailed information about the SSC CHSL clerk job position and career scope in each. As mentioned above, each aspirant needs to undergo the exam, the preparation for which needs to be done in advance. Get your hands on the SSC CHSL syllabus and the exam pattern, which will help in the practice.