In case the value of the consignments more than INR 50,000, you will need to carry a very special document called the E-way bill to prove the source. For all companies registered under the Goods and Services Tax (GST), the need for E-way bill registration is really critical. A step-by-step procedure explaining how the tax filing is done is jotted down below.
Even if the value does not exceed INR 50,000/- there are cases where the E-way bill generation is not required.
- When the goods are moved around from either air cargo complex, ports, airports, to the container freight station or inland freight station for the clearance by the customs.
- The transport of a non-motor vehicle.
- Some goods mentioned in the CGST Rules of 2017 are exempt from paying the e-way bill.
When does the filing of E-way bills tend to begin?
Now, this is a serious matter to ponder upon. A trial roll-out facility has been made accessible to all businesses from the 16th of January, 2018.
- From the 1st of April, 2018, interstate movement of goods on a compulsory basis will be billed.
- For intrastate transport of goods, the state can choose any date before the 1st of June to implement the e-way bill.
Those who are expected to enroll and register in the e-way bill systems:
On the e-way bill system, the stakeholders have to register themselves. The regular stake holders are
- Transporters: Those who just transport goods and products from one place to another.
- Recipients: Those who are set to receive the sent goods and products.
- Suppliers: Those who are in charge of sending the goods and products to the recipients.
- The mentioned stakeholders will have a watch on the consignment that it moves from one place to another without any hurdles.
Registration and Enrolling in the E-way bill system go as follows.
You must be a registered taxpayer in order to proceed to the following:
- For registering for E-way bill, the following things should be kept handy.
- The GSTIN Number acquired during the company registration.
- Decide a username which is at least eight characters long and not exceeding more than 15 characters. A combination of alphabets (a-z/ A-Z), special characters (* & ^ % $ # @ !).
- The password should be case-sensitive and at least eight characters long. It could be a combination of numbers and alphabets. To ensure more security, special characters should be included in the password.
The Procedure for Registration:
- Click on the E-way bill registration and enter your GSTIN. Click on the submit button to proceed.
- Send the OTP to the registered mobile number. The other details will be auto-filled unless an edit is necessary. Provide the User-ID and password and click on next after verifying the OTP.
- The taxpayer can now use the registered username and password for the generation of e-way bills.
- In case you either forget your user id and password, click on forgot login details. Enter the GSTIN number and the pin code along with the registration number.