Hiking and trekking are terms often used interchangeably. If you are an adventurer you might know the difference between the two. Both involve walking but hiking lasts for a much shorter time than trekking. The type of terrain and technical difficulty are where the differences in hiking and trekking lie.
The two share a few similarities but are different from each other. It is important to understand the differences between hiking and trekking and keep in mind to choose the best one for yourself.
This article brings the answer to your question of how to choose the best one for you between trekking and hiking:
- Hiking includes long hours of walking and is easier as it does not involve climbing skills and anyone will be able to do it.
- The level of difficulty of hikes varies but it is not too difficult for a person to pursue. If you are thinking to go for an adventure and trekking seems too difficult and time taking, you can start by taking a hike.
- Hiking does not involve any walking or overnight equipment to carry.
- If you are looking for hiking, then Nepal hiking tours offers budget-friendly packages in the serene mountains with amazing experiences.
- If you want to experience adventure but are not up for many days that trekking involves and also you are scared, then hiking might be a convenient option for you.
- Hiking is a wonderful stress buster with minimum risk involved, away from busy life where you can detox yourself and breathe some fresh air and stay in the arms of nature for a while.
- Much of technical knowledge is not required, if you are physically fit, a hike is waiting for you to explore.
- Trekking lasts for many days and requires physical fitness as it can be more demanding on the body.
- It involves more challenges than hiking as it lasts for more days. So, if you are an adventure junkie and like the adrenaline rush, then trekking is meant for you.
- Before planning a trek various factors have to be kept in mind like physical fitness, number of days involved and season.
- Generally, you will have to camp while trekking so it involves food and equipments.
- Trekking provides you a wider picture of nature as it involves climbing high altitudes and mountains.
- If you are a yoga lover, you can choose trekking tours that involves yoga to have a combination of experiences of both yoga and trekking.
- If you are a trekking enthusiast or want to try out trekking for the first time then Nepal trekking tours offer a range of packages depending upon the number of days and budget.
- Trekking tours packages are done in groups and as it lasts for a number of days you will be able to make new friends along the way and get to know about the culture and flora and fauna of that specific area.
- If you want to take the road less traveled then Mustang trekking tours might be right for you. It is a trek in the remote mountains of Nepal. The entire topography of Mustang is different from the other parts of Nepal which makes it a ‘must go to’ place for a trek.
- You will have time to interact with the locals on a trekking tour where you can learn about their food, language, tradition and culture.
- Trekking will transform you physically and mentally. You will learn about your body.
- Everest Base Camp Trek, Annapurna Base Camp Trek, Inca Trail, etc. are some of the most popular treks.
“It’s not the mountain we conquer, but ourselves.” – Sir Edmund Hillary